Just writing the title made my mouth water! Homemade cinnamon rolls are just heavenly but with the addition of pumpkin and pecans, it just makes it the perfect breakfast for Fall.
There really are only a couple of changes to the basic cinnamon roll recipe and that is the addition of pumpkin into the icing and topped with pecans. Really though, you could just throw the pecans into the icing as well. The recipe I’m giving you below uses pure pumpkin, not the pumpkin pie mix. To give it an extra sweetness, I might try the pumpkin pie mix next time and omit the cinnamon and nutmeg.
The pecans are Fisher Nut brand. I worked with them previously and was excited to continue my relationship with them. I do feel like their nuts are some of the best, most fresh ones out there, not to mention being preservative free, and they have always been the brand of choice when I use them in recipes. One of my last recipes, which is also perfect for the Fall season, is the Pecan Crusted Pumpkin Rolls. SOOO good y’all. And when you eat these cinnamon rolls fresh out of the oven, they’re gonna melt in your mouth.
If you feel like you got some baking creativity, I encourage you to enter their ‘My Fresh Twist’ Contest, where you can win Fisher Nut products, cash, gift cards, and even a chance to meet Chef Alex Guarnaschelli. Recipes must be submitted by 10/21 and…
- Recipes must include pecans, walnuts or almonds and will be judged on their originality, integration of nuts, taste, and visual appeal.
- Each submission will be featured on www.myfreshtwist.com where Fisher Fans and their friends and families will be able to vote to select the top fifteen finalists.
- Voting will take place 10/22 through 11/4. Chef Alex Guarnaschelli and a panel of judges will choose the grand prize winner from the finalists.
How cool is that? Chef Alex Guarnaschelli is judging! While she’s pretty fierce on Chopped, I think she’ll have more fun with this judging and will be excited to see what regular folks like you and me can create with Fisher Nuts!
Enjoy the recipe y’all!
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 Tbsp. Melted butter
- 4 Tbsp. water
- ½ box instant vanilla pudding (3.4 oz box)
- 4 cups Bread flour
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 2 ½ tsp. Bread machine yeast
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- Fisher Nuts chopped pecans (optional, but recommend)
- 4 oz. Cream cheese, room temp.
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- Milk as needed for consistency
- Fisher Nuts Chopped Pecans
- Place all dough ingredients in your machine in order recommended by your machine’s manufacturer. Place the pan in your machine. Select the dough cycle and press start.
- When cycle is finished, remove the dough, knead enough to punch down and roll to 17x10.
- Combine first 3 filling ingredients and mix well. Heat in microwave 10 seconds to make spreadable.
- Spread over rolled out dough with rubber spatula. Get as close to the edges as possible.
- Starting with widest end, roll the dough into a tight log.
- Cut into ½ to 1” slices. Place in a lightly greased baking dish with sides.
- Place in a warm draft free place and allow them to rise until double. (I turn my oven on warm and place them inside. When the temp light goes off, turn off the oven. Let them rise 20-30 minutes this way. Take out to heat oven to baking temp)
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. When the rolls are done top with frosting. I let mine cool for about 5 minutes before frosting.