If you’re looking for a last minute, quick & easy Valentine’s Day treat to whip up, I’ve got a nifty idea for you using Nestle’s Cookie-Brownie Delight Kit and Valentine Dark Chocolate/Red Morsels. We thought this would be an extra special treat for his teacher, the post lady, or even the nice women in the community who have watched your kid once or twice.
The Nestle Toll House Cookie-Brownie Kit give you everything you need to bake either (or both) brownies and cookies. You’re getting a two’fer, know what I mean? And maybe you don’t want to bake a big ol’ huge batch of cookies, just needing enough for 4, then this is perfect.
Instead of using the morsels in the bag though, I opted for the Valentine’s Day themed Nestle morsels to go with the holiday of course.
Since me, my husband, and Truett were gonna share this, we thought it would be fun to make one big ol’ cookie. I used my heart shaped Wilton pan for the occasion and away we baked.
After baking was complete, we cooked and added some whip cream per Truett’s instructions.
The entire process was 25 minutes max. I always try to keep box kits like this around for last minute occasions. Here is the recipe from the back of the box:
Big Ol' Cookie Heart
By February 10, 2013Published:
For Valentine's Day
- 5 tablespoons butter or margine
- 1 tablespoon water
- Nestle Cookie dough mix from cookie-brownie delight kit
- 3 ounces Nestle Valentine Morsels
- Beat softened butter in large bowl with mixer until creamy.
- Add Cookie Mix; mix until small crumbs form (about a minute).
- Add water; beat until dough forms (about 60 seconds).
- Stir in morsels with spoon.
- Bake at 350' in a greased pan of choice (heart pan, muffin cups, etc). Bake for about 20 minutes or until done.
Copyright © A Cowboy's Wife
Disclosure: I am an official Walmart Mom. Walmart has provided me with compensation and gift card in return for my time & efforts to create this post. Opinions are my own, always.