You would think with a house full of fellas, Valentine’s Day would be pretty special for me…….wrong. And that’s okay! I’m perfectly capable of making it a special day myself by whipping up some bite size cherry pies! I might even share!
The great thing about these bite size cherry pies, is that they are super simple to make. Seriously. They are pretty enough to serve at a girlfriend get-together, sweet enough to make for a teacher, and just the perfect size to take to your kiddo’s Valentine’s Day party at school!
There are only 3 ingredients to this and all can be bought at your one stop shopping store; Walmart, at least that’s mine! I mentioned it below but most of the time you’ll be able to find the Wilton melting chocolates in the baking section at Walmart. I’ve never had any trouble finding them, in several colors to boot.
- 1 box of rolled, ready to bake pie crust
- 1 jar maraschino cherries
- 4 ounces quality white chocolate dyed pink or pink chocolate for melting, (Wilton sells a product like this, they come in wafer form in the cake decorating section at Walmart).
- Let the boxed pie crust come to room temp before rolling out on a lightly floured surface. Use a small heart cookie cutter, about 2 inches across, and cut out hearts.
- Use a fork to carefully mark or score the edges all the way around on one side of each heart.
- When each heart is prepared, place half of a cherry in the center of half the hearts.
- Dab a little water around the entire scored area of the heart with a cherry half on it. Place a second heart on top and carefully press down with a fork all the way around.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 13 to 16 minutes.
- Check them around the 10 minute mark to make sure this timing seems on track, as all ovens heat differently. Let cool completely on a wire rack before adding pink chocolate drizzle.
- Follow the package instructions for melting, the microwave method is fine. Use a fork to quickly ‘draw lines’ across the top with the chocolate. Store in a single layer container in the refrigerator.
Disclosure: I am an official Walmart Mom. Walmart has provided me with compensation and gift card in return for my time & efforts to create this post. Opinions are my own, always.