You’ve been waiting all week haven’t you! This is definitely drool worthy and is super easy to make and a great recipe for the kiddos to lend a helping hand in! They can dip the strawberries in chocolate and braise the cake with Strawberry jam! This was made in the Stoneware Fluted Pan from Pampered Chef and are you ready?…..IN THE MICROWAVE!
Man was this good!! And the pan was awesome of course. We laid it upside down on a beautiful bamboo platter for a good ten minutes to rest before lifting the pan. Viola! It came out so pretty, no sticking.
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate morsels
- 1 package (18.25 oz) devil’s food cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 jar (12 oz) seedless strawberry jam, divided
Glaze and Garnish
- 1/3 cup melted vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup milk chocolate morsels
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, divided
- Additional ice cream (optional)
1. Brush Stoneware Fluted Pan with 1 tbsp of the oil using Chef’s Silicone Basting Brush. For cake, combine chocolate morsels and oil in Small Batter Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30-60 seconds or until melted and smooth, whisking after 30 seconds. In Stainless (4-qt.) Mixing Bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, water, ½ cup of the jam and chocolate mixture; whisk until well blended. Pour batter into pan.
2. Microwave cake on HIGH 9-12 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Remove cake from microwave. Wipe rim of pan clean using paper towel, if necessary. Center Simple Additions Large Round Platter over pan and carefully invert. Without removing pan, let stand 10 minutes. Remove pan.
3. For glaze, combine ice cream and chocolate morsels in Small Micro-Cooker. Microwave on HIGH 20-60 seconds, stirring after each 20-second interval, until melted and smooth.
4. To finish cake, place remaining jam into Prep Bowl and microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until melted; brush evenly over cake. Holding by stems, dip 16 of the strawberries into glaze; arrange around bottom edge of cake. Drizzle top of cake with remaining glaze. Slice remaining strawberries using Egg Slicer Plus; place into center well of cake. Serve with additional ice cream, if desired.
Cook’s Tips: For best results, bake this cake in a 1000-watt microwave with a built-in turntable. This cake can be baked in a conventional oven, if desired. Bake at 350˚F for 45-50 minutes. Proceed as recipe
Yield: 16 servings
Stoneware Fluted Pan
Chef’s Silicone Basting Brush
Small Batter Bowl