During the Summer, we probably grill at least 3 times a week and my husband just loves to smoke and grill ribs. I thought it would be fun to show you via video, how my husband cooks the baby back ribs and the rub he used that has supposedly won all kinds of ribbons.
While we have a freezer full of beef (part of a cowboy’s wages), including beef ribs, we decided to buy some pork baby back ribs. We always buy all our grilling goods at walmart, including ribs, boudins, brats, and even sweet breads. The only thing we usually can’t find at our walmart, is crosscut ribs. My husband loves the 2″ crosscut ribs!!
The rub comes from a friend of ours, Ricky. He said it has won ribbons in all sorts of cook-offs. We’re putting it to the test today! Like any dry rub or marinade, you can pretty much add what you want to make it your own. And there’s always a debate on dry vs wet but because of the famous Falcon mustaches, we usually go with dry to avoid extra mess.
Now watch my cowboy prepare and grill these baby back ribs.
Grilled Baby Back Ribs with Blue Ribbon Dry Rub
By June 30, 2013Published:
During the Summer, we probably grill at least 3 times a week and my husband just loves to smoke and grill ribs. I thought it …
- 2 tablespoons Paprika
- 2 tablespoons Celery Salt
- 2 tablespoons Dry Mustard
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cayenne
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1-2 slabs baby back ribs
- 1 bottle bbq sauce
- melted butter (optional)
- Combine the first 8 ingredients in a mason jar to create your rib rub.
- Generously cake on the rib rub onto the baby back ribs and smoke for about 45 minutes.
- Take ribs off grill and wrap in Reynolds Grilling Aluminum Foil.
- Place back onto grill for about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Unwrap and bathe in bbq sauce and melted butter. To make it easier, you could prepare the bbq sauce and melted butter together ahead of time. Cook another 15 minutes and it's done.
Copyright © A Cowboy's Wife
Disclosure: I am an official Walmart Mom. Walmart has provided me with compensation and gift card in return for my time & efforts to create this post. Opinions are my own, always.