Guest post by Furry Kitchen
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
* Cream together the butter and egg yolk.
* Add the icing sugar and beat until smooth.
* Mix the flour and salt together, then add it in three batches to the buttery mixture. Mix until crumbly.
* Knead the dough with your hands until it is soft and pliable. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a rectangle with about a 1/2-inch thickness.
* Cut the rectangle into strips and prick the tops of each strip with a fork. Transfer to an ungreased cookie sheet.
* Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
* Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 to 10 minutes before transferring to a rack.