I remember when I first learned how to make this cobbler. I was cooking for the ranch and the neighboring cook always made this great apple cobbler. When I asked, she said that she uses a cake mix, 1 or 2 cans of filling, and a can of sprite or butter. We made it with sprite and it was great but we liked it with butter better, especially for the days I’d serve ice cream with it. It’s a very simple recipe and a favorite in the family now. Enjoy y’all!
- Cake Mix - butter pecan or something plain.
- 2 cans of pie filling - That Caramel Apple is a fave during the Fall
- 2 sticks of butter or you can use a can of sprite
- Spray the pan with nonstick spray first and pour filling into bottom of a 8x11 casserole pan.
- Pour dry cake mix over filling.
- If using the butter, melt butter first and pour on top of cake mix. If using sprite, pour sprite over cake mix until covered well.
- Bake at 350' for 45-60 minutes.
- Bake until golden brown!