St. Patrick’s Day has become an international festival celebrating Irish culture with parades, dancing, special foods and a whole bunch of green y’all! Today I’m sharing some fun & easy-to-make oreo truffles for St Patty’s Day.
We devoured our Pecan Truffles using Oreos during Christmas so I knew a St Patrick’s Day version was in order! These Oreo truffles are so good too and a little easier to make than my other ones.
Honestly, when I think I St. Patrick’s Day, I think of pinching and clovers. I’ll admit though, I’m hoping that these little things we celebrate together, just make them more family oriented as they grow up and have families of their own. Last year, we made a fun Shamrock Wreath and Truett just loved that. He ended up giving it to his teacher. That little suck up! Just kidding!! He’s always been a giver. We also made a simple Lime Sherbert Cooler since our Texas weather was really warm already.
I am loving all the Wilton Candy Melts! Do y’all use them? Our Walmart has a whole selection of colored candy melts to use, along with some other great Wilton goodies! Y’all know I’m a fan of Wilton!
Hope you guys enjoy these Oreo Truffles and have lucky St Patrick’s Day!
- 1 package Oreo cookies, finely crushed
- 1 brick cream cheese, softened
- Wilton Green candy melts
- Green & White sprinkles
- Combine the crushed Oreo cookies with the cream cheese. A food processor or a hand mixer comes in very handy for this part.
- Once the Oreos and cream cheese are combined, roll the mixture into 1” balls and place on a cookie sheet. Let sit in the fridge for 45 minutes to an hour so they harden up.
- In a microwave safe bowl heat the Wilton candy for 30 second increments until melted completely. Let cool 1-2 minutes.
- Dip the hardened truffles into the chocolate one at a time and add sprinkles on top.